I know it’s ridiculously early to start talking about Christmas, but seeing as our dinner is invariably the social event of the season, lets book the date to ensure maximum attendance, the plan is…..
• Restaurant: Idlewild Pub in Maida Vale - http://www.idlewildmaidavale.co.uk
• Address: 55 Shirland Road, Maida Vale, W9 2JD
• Time: 18:30 for 19:00 - I know this is early, but you now have fair warning, so can everyone who is attending walk over to their boss after replying and ask to leave early. Lateness will be punished.
• Menu: tbc shortly
• Food Price: £35 pp
• Drinks – The Idlewild have agreed to let us bring our own wine. Mr Sharpe, our Sommelier for the evening, will source everyone’s wine at a cost of £15 pp – you will all get at least 2 bottles each and enough spirit to wash down a season’s worth of fines with.
• Bar: Lost Angel Battersea - http://www.lostangel.co.uk/index2.html
• Address: 339 Battersea Park Road, SW11 4LS
• Entry: I’ve sorted a 20 person (although I can add more) guest list ensuring entry before 10pm for £5. (There is a £5 entry charge all evening but guest list guarantees us getting in.)
• Transport: I have booked a couple of cabs to take us from Maida Vale to Battersea for £7 pp
• The Lost Angel won’t let us in if we are dressed like complete tw@’s, so festive underwear it is.
• Failure to adhere to this dress code will result in being made to consume any and all leftover booze from dinner through my old rugby boots.
If you are keen, please can you pay £57 (breakdown below) into my bank account, details of which will be provided in a private email to those who confirm their attendance.
Food & Corkage: £35
Attendees so far
Mayfair Occasionals vs Arioch Crusaders Availability – Saturday 8th December
By confirming your attendance to the dinner you are also confirming your availability to play the next day….
2. Monkey /Russ Lamb
11. Dan Wilson
12. Benny P
Snitching on your mates is clearly frowned upon, UNLESS the snitching is quite amusing to the rest of the team.
Examples of suitable snitching I heard this weekend:
1. “XXX has a policy of only playing home games as he needs to work on his squash backhand”
2. “XXX didn’t play last week because he choose to feed little ponies with his girlfriend in the New Forest instead.”
Therefore, if anyone fancy’s recommending someone for a fine please send a private email to Master of Ceremonies Sharpe (& cc me in, as I get quite bored at work).